1. A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.
2. A scholar who cherishes the love of comfort is not fit to be deemed a scholar.
3. All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small.
4. Ambition has one heel nailed in well, though she stretch her fingers to touch the heavens.
5. An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox.
6. He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.
7. At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.
8. Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.
9. Be the chief but never the lord
10. Because of a great love, one is courageous.
11. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
12. By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond the winning.
13. Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
14. Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
15. Govern a great nation as you would cook a small fish. Do not overdo it.